February 26, 2017
There has been much discussion about the plans for the Church for 2017 in order to prepare for the future of increased attendance and activity that has already occurred and is anticipated. Surveys and discussions with the congregation have defined the top priorities for improvements. This Sunday we presented the priorities and financial considerations:
- Bathrooms and fellowship hall on main floor – includes a kitchenette. Bathroom includes handicap accessible. See architect’s sketch.
- Bathrooms on lower level bring up to date, includes handicap accessible.
- Louise’s office safety items
- Hand rail to lower level replace
- Sanctuary upgrades – sound system, ceiling fans
- Parking lot on east side – only the concrete work for transition to new Entrance into Fellowship Hall
- Repaint all interior
- Downstairs Library/ choir/meeting room -This will be a multi-functional area: library/adult classroom/choir room. It will be available for special community meetings as well.
All of these improvements will cost between $200,000 and $225,000. We kicked off our campaign to support this financial commitment this Sunday. We have committed to sell the Gypsum Church which will net approximately $100,000. At this time we have an operating account bank balance of approximately $75,000. We are planning to spend $50,000 of it on the improvements. This leaves us a capital campaign of $50,000 – $75,000 to raise for completing all of the above items.
We ask that you prayerfully consider filling out the attached commitment card for both the operating funds and capital campaign. It is important that you do not reduce your normal commitment to the operating funds in order to give to the capital campaign. We have already received some commitments for the capital campaign, but we would like to receive everyone’s commitment cards by March 15; so we can effect proper planning.
Again, thank you for all your financial and programmatic support of the Church. A copy of our four year history and budget are attached. If you will not have an opportunity to complete a commitment card and would be comfortable in doing so we do ask that you fill one out and send it to the church office.
Dale Mosier – Finance Committee Chairperson